- J.D., Case Western Reserve University Law School
- B.A., Bradley University
- Ohio Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- Franklin County Bar Association
- U.S. Districts Court for Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Districts courts of Southern District of Ohio
AssociateIlya L. Polyakov
Ilya is an associate in SS+D’s Litigation Department. Ilya brings to the firm years of prior litigation experience representing clients in both federal and state courts, as well as in alternative forums, including arbitrations, mediations, and administrative hearings before state agencies. Ilya is admitted to the Ohio Bar, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Professional Experience / Focus Areas
After graduating from Bradley University with a B.A. in History and International Studies, Ilya received his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University. With experience representing clients ranging from large public corporations to closely-held family businesses and small business partnerships, Ilya knows that there are no “one size fits all” resolutions for the problems his clients face.
Ilya’s practice is primarily concentrated in the following areas:
- Business and Commercial Litigation, including Breach of Contract, CSPA, and Business Torts
- Construction and Defect Litigation
- Appellate and Complex Civil Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Insurer Bad Faith Litigation
- Employment Contract Disputes, including Non-Compete, Non-Solicitation and Trade Secret Provisions
- Partnership “Divorces,” Breach of Fiduciary Duties, and Resolution of Franchisee/Franchisor Disputes
- Entertainment, Dram Shop, and Liquor Liability Litigation
A Chicago native, Ilya has long enjoyed being a Buckeye. When he’s not working, Ilya enjoys practicing martial arts, cooking, camping, and spending time with his easily excitable pug.