Areas Of Expertise
- J.D., The Ohio State University | Michael E. Moritz College of Law
- B.A., Miami University
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- Fellow of the Ohio State Bar Association
Of CounselGary L. Froelich
Gary joined SS+D in 2016. His practice focuses on estate planning and real estate. He is listed in the National Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers for real estate.
Gary was appointed in 2008 by the Ohio Governor to be a member of the Ohio Real Estate Commission responsible for hearing matters alleging violations of Ohio laws by real estate brokers or salespersons and unlicensed activity. He served as President of the Commission in his last two years of service. Gary is an adjunct instructor of Real Estate Law at Sinclair Community College. He was editor and an author of the Ohio Real Estate Law manual for prospective real estate licensee classes.
Professional Experience / Focus Areas:
He has previously served as Trustee for 12 years (2 years as Chairperson) of the Children’s Medical Center Board, Chairperson of the Board of United Health Solutions, a founding organizer of the Dayton Alzheimer’s Association Chapter, Boards of Trustees of Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce, Dayton Philharmonic Orchestra, and Temple Israel. He served as Chair of the Dayton Board of Income Tax Appeals. Gary is a graduate of Leadership Dayton and Leadership Miami Valley. He currently serves on the Leadership Dayton Board of Governors. He served as legal advisor to our former Ohio 3rd district member of Congress Tony P. Hall from 1978 through 2000. He served as legal counsel for Kettering-Moraine-Oakwood Chamber of Commerce.
Gary graduated from Miami University in 1965 and The Ohio State University College of Law in 1968 with a Juris Doctor. Gary and his wife Deborah live in Dayton, Ohio. They have 2 children, Joshua and Louis.
- National Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers for Real Estate
- Chamber of Commerce Leadership Dayton Volunteer of the Year (2009)
Business Board Affiliations
- Legal Counsel For Kettering-Moraine-Oakwood Chambers of Commerce
- Board of the Dayton Public Radio (Treasurer)
- The Leadership Dayton Board of Governors (Justice Day Chairperson)
Community Board Affiliations
- Temple Israel Foundation (Member)